IBM have released a new IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook ! This enhances the existing integration that IBM already provide via the native Outlook Social Connector capability. However, IBM found that Microsoft implemented this in a limited way since it only provided “read-only” access to the social network.
Therefore, IBM took the integration to the next level and added a brand new sidebar to Outlook to provide access to files, microblogging, communities and more. And you can interact with your social network all directly from Microsoft Outlook!
By bringing social to the end user, you can accelerate adoption, reduce time to value, and reduce training costs as users that live and die in Outlook don’t have to learn anything new to interact with IBM Connections.
Here are some of the features:
- Share files easily – send links instead of attachments.
- Drag and drop email messages and attachments from Outlook to the IBM Connections sidebar application to upload them to IBM Connections.
- Search Connections files directly from Outlook.
- Search people by name, job title, organization, etc.
- View complete Connections profiles.
- Initiate a chat with a colleague directly from the sidebar application.
- Receive live updates from your colleagues, communities you follow, and when changes are made in files you follow.
- View community files and updates.
Here’s a quick 5 minute demo showing this off:
Download the plug-in here!
Source: Socialize Me, Luis Bentitez