I love IBM SmartCloud for Social Business! Not only because I use it every day collaborating with my IBM customers, but I love it so much that I even bought my own private cloud! Why?
I could have chosen Microsoft Office 365 in the cloud, but I did not. Because IBM SmartCloud for Social Business has a lot more to offer – in one integrated solution – and at a low cost per user. It has it all – and a lot more functionalities that Microsoft Office 365. You can read more about it here to get all the details.
But things are happening. Updates and new functions come regularly and I do not have to do anything to install them. Everything is in the cloud and I have not installed even 1 byte of software to use it. Everything happens in my web browser (Safari).
The other day I got an email from the administrators of IBM SmartCloud for Social Business that there would be a new upgrade coming up in a while. And that upgrade is really great, so I quote their email with some editing:
The new Meetings and Chat user experience has been modernized to take advantage of the latest design innovations in the mobile space. This simplified interface is consistent across the rich clients, the browser and the mobile applications.
Subscribers will be able to:
- Download a new version of the Sametime Connect rich client
- Navigate the chat and meeting applications, and launch their communication tools more easily with new context sensitive icons and user flows that have been streamlined to minimize the number of clicks
- Share rich content immediately with file transfer and screen-capture in web chat
- Launch a meeting directly from a shared document in Files
- See at a glance what’s happening with the new Meeting Stream that shows the chat discussion, when people share files, join the meeting, interact with poll questions, etc.
- Use additional meeting tools located next to the Audio Conferencing controls (if purchased as an add-on)
- Use new Meetings and Audio Conferencing reports available to subscribers
- Use new mobile applications that allow users to not just attend, but take control, share content, collaborate, and manage their meetings
- Use Meetings effectively with Chrome
- Use Federated Identity Management (SAML) support for the Chat plugin embedded in Notes
Presentations supports AirPlay® Mirroring and dual-screen projection. While your audience sees the full-screen slide show, you can see the slide show, speaker notes, timer, and annotation tool on your iPad®.
We’ve added new features designed to make it easier for subscribers to work more effectively with SmartCloud Docs.
Here are some highlights:
- Import and export .xslx and .pptx files
- In spreadsheets, customize the look of new or existing charts, and edit chart data ranges without going back to the sheet
These capabilities are available for SmartCloud Engage and SmartCloud Connections subscribers.We’re always adding new capabilities. So be on the lookout for updated What’s New information on or after January 11 (available from top navigation bar) for more detail and more enhancements.