When the local government “Hamarøy Kommune” in Nordland, Norway wanted to modernize their collaboration solutions, they contacted Brainworker.
We proposed to change the way they worked to improve their productivity. This by adapt new and modern technology for social collaboration both internally and externally.
They chose IBM Connections Cloud which is Brainworkers speciality and this is now the new totally integrated work tool for all 200 employees in the small local government.
Hamarøy Kommune is now an official reference for IBM world wide and is a typical example on how a local goverment can both improve their productivity and save cost at the same time.
The IT-manager, Sverre Tor Olsen says:
“The migration to the cloud was one of the easiest projects I have done—the entire process went very smoothly,” recalls Olsen. “All our users kept their old mailboxes, and IBM provided the support and guidance we needed every step of the way.
“Our IBM consultant* was extremely helpful, and delivered the guidance we needed to get up and running quickly. We adopted the ‘train the trainer’ model, and ran a short session to train 15 superusers from across the municipality, who in turn trained their peers. IBM Connections Cloud is extremely intuitive from a user interface perspective, and we were impressed by how easy it was for our people to make the switch.”
* The whole project (licenses, migration services and user training) was delivered by Brainworker’s consultants with our background and competence from decades within IBM.
“Without a doubt, our new approach to working is saving us substantial time on travel,” continues Olsen. “Capabilities such as collaborative document editing make it far easier for people across the organization to work together. In the IT department alone, we estimate that we are saving 12 person-days per year simply because we no longer need to travel out on site to assist users with issues such as logging in or resetting their passwords; we can administer everything from the cloud.”
Read more here!
IBM rulers the patent world. Again. And it has done so for 24 consecutive years. Last year (2016) the company registered 8,088 U.S. patents. About 2,700 of these patents covered inventions related to artificial intelligence, cognitive computing and cloud computing.
Ever wanted a smarter inbox? An inbox that acted as if it was your mother – taking care of all your nitty gritty stuff? Well, your mother does not work at your office, so why not settle for a smart personal assistant. An assistant that keep track of anything for you without any complaint on the salary or the working hours.
I would settle for IBM Verse if I were You. Here is one of the reasons why:
Ovum has published the “Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting an Enterprise Social Networking Product, 2016–17” and has named IBM Connections as one of two leading products.
“Businesses and institutions depend on the cooperation of employees and teams to function and compete; thus, organizational life is inherently social,” the report notes. With the proliferation of data and increasing workplace complexity making it more difficult to find the right information and expertise we need to get our work done, effective collaboration is more important than ever. Connecting employees in a unified way, in one integrated platform, allows them to share ideas and spark new ones, organize and function as agile teams, build communities, and scale these functions to drive the business forward.
Ovum evaluated solutions based on seven assessment categories consisting of 209 data points: social features, collaboration features, end-user experience features, content management features, deployment features, administration features, and developer features. The report notes that the “Leader” designation is “reserved for enterprise social networking products that score significantly above the combined group average” in the above categories. In naming IBM Connections one of the two leading ESN products, Ovum cited its superior content management functionality.
Ovum also discussed IBM infusion of cognitive capabilities in creating a “smarter workspace” that acts as a strategic advisor to the organization, giving companies a competitive advantage through the ability to navigate today’s increasingly complex business environment.
To read the report “Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting an Enterprise Social Networking Product, 2016–17,” click here.
To learn how to bring focused collaboration to teams of any size, click here.
Say what you want! Mean what you want! But analysts still point at good old IBM when ranking social networks and collaboration for enterprise.
Here is what leading industry analysts say about IBM collaboration solutions:
- The Aragon Research Globe™ for Social Software, 2016: Shifting to Work and Outcomes1 named IBM a leader in its evaluation of enterprise social network providers for the fourth consecutive year, citing IBM’s global presence, predictive analytics capabilities and growing partner ecosystem.
- The Constellation ShortList™ for Social Task Management: Enterprise Suites with Project Features2 has recognized IBM Connections Activities for its combination of collaboration, social networking and project management capabilities.
- The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Collaboration, Q4 20163 named IBM a leader among the nine collaboration solution providers that matter most, citing IBM Connections as a leading solution for broad, secure enterprise collaboration with strong integration to core systems and across IBM products.
- The Forrester Wave™: File Sync and Share Platforms: Cloud Solutions, Q1 20164 named IBM a leader, citing the broad collaboration, file sharing and social analytics capabilities of IBM Connections Cloud.
- The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise File Sync And Share Platforms, Hybrid Solutions, Q2 20165 cited IBM as a leader among the ten most significant providers of enterprise file sync and share (EFSS) solutions with hybrid or on-premises deployment options.
- The Gartner Magic Quadrant for Social Software in the Workplace6 named IBM a leader for the 7th year in a row, recognized for Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute.
- IDC’s Worldwide Enterprise Social Networks, Online Communities, and Innovation Management Market Shares, 2015: Innovation at Scale7 shows IBM has maintained its #1 position in Core Enterprise Social Networks for the 7th consecutive year.
- The Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting an Enterprise Social Networking Product 2016-178 named IBM a Leader in its latest examination of the enterprise social networking landscape.
You did not know that, did you? Pipeliner CRM working seamless with your applications on Microsoft Exchange? Yes it does and here is the setup:
If you want to know more about Pipeliner CRM, please do not hesitate to contact me at +47 41535313 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. I could even give you a live demo over the internet.
Want to kick the “tyres” of Pipeliner CRM? Register for a test run on this link and I’ll give you a free hour start help!
Today – Thursday 8th December 2016 – Pipelinersales Inc. released their new updates both for Pipeliner CRM Geolocation (Google Maps) and Chrome Web Clipper.
I have already updated and tested – and both updates are simply great!
The Web Clipper I have used for some time when I prospects for new clients on LinkedIn and I confirm that the plugin improve my prospecting and help me become even more effective in my sales work!
Pipeliner CRM Web Clipper for Chrome now checks for duplicates on «Contacts»:
And now it is also optimised for Twitter:
There is also a great update for the Google Maps integration. Customers that want to sign up for this free feature may sign up here: https://www.pipelinersales.com/sign-up-geolocation/
Here is a screenshot of the original version of Google Maps in Pipeliner CRM:
And here is the updated version that also includes email (you can write) or phone (you can call using the integration to Pipeliner CRM Mobile):
And once you click the phone it initiates the call on your mobile as you use it on the desktop. This will also be part of the new Microsoft Outlook integration.
Get one hour free start up help!
I offer one hour online free startup help to all new Pipeliner CRM customers whether you buy new licenses or already have licenses – or just want some help tailoring your Pipeliner CRM to fit your needs.
Please contact me for more information on what I can do for you no matter where you are on the planet!
ARNE SIGURD ROGNAN NIELSEN